Retrochallenge 2018/09, 2019/03
March 1, 2019
This time for the retrochallenge I am going to continue to write KittyOS. This is where I left off:
- Hierarchial device driver structure
- Working hardware drivers for keyboard, VGA, external memory, serial, spi, sdcard
- 16-bit bytecode interpreter
- Syscall support with some syscalls working
This is what I'm planning for KittyOS (in general) :
- Develop a simple filesystem for the sdcard. (I am also considering alternatives to the traditional filesytem.)
- Integrate a memory allocator, which allocates both internal SRAM and external SRAM
- Finish implementation of enough syscalls to load and run programs from the sdcard, and read/write to the sdcard filesystem.
- Add sound support: The hardware supports it; just need to find more time in the video interrupt to make it work.
How much will I get done in the retrochallenge? Who knows. But I think the first thing to mess around with is dynamic memory allocation.
|Newest| . . . |<<Newer| . . . . . . |Older >>| . . . |Oldest|
(view all as one document)