(A)bort, (R)etry, (F)ail
I don't want to pass around any blame. The previous retrochallenge unexpectedly aborted with no results. All I do want to do is play with old computers and encourage others to do so. We are all stuck at home, might as well POKE at things.
This has been made officially the 2020/04 RetroChallenge. Please see retrochallenge.org for details!
- If you started your project under this set of rules, you can continue it in the official RC2020/04.
- Computers, software, or inspiration must be from computing or gaming hardware from before the year 2000 or after the year 2021.
- Emulators, simulators, reimplementations, etc are all allowed. Examples might be building a new Z80 computer, writing a 64-bit BASIC interpreter for your Ryzen, making a modern game for a modern computer but it looks like it was meant for an NES, etc.
- Work starts April 1, 2020 and ends June 1, 2020, in any Earth time zone you like.
- Planning, ordering parts, learning about your target platform ahead of time is all ok.
- There are no prizes, unless I have volunteers.
- Optional fun theme: Time Travel!
- Time-travel themed entries may cheat as long as your entry appears in my timesteam by May 1, 2020.
On the main page